Friday, June 15, 2012

7 weeks


So TJ and I are about to celebrate our one year anniversary this coming Monday. We scheduled a trip for Bushkill Falls for June 13th and 14th (this past Wed and Thurs) before we knew I was pregnant. Which wasn't a problem once we found out about the baby because I wasn't experiencing any morning sickness or nausea. Until that morning. We woke up in the morning to get ready, and I just knew I was going to get sick. Then I had to get in the car for a 2.5 hour ride. It was a terrible start to our trip.

We ended up having a nice trip, though. The highlight, for me, was the spontaneous stop we made at the Snake and Animal Farm. They had tons of snakes, including a giant 27 foot snake. They had monkeys, lemurs, a black panther, black bear, goats, pigs, and alligators. The highlight of the trip for TJ was going to trivia that night at the place we had dinner. I enjoyed trivia, too, but was kind of sick during it because I had too much to eat for dinner. I'm in the process of mentally adjusting my eating habits because while I can normally eat four chicken fingers, I need to eat smaller amounts now. It's kind of a pain in the butt. Anyway, we had a nice anniversary which ended with a nice, long hike at Bushkill Falls.

Having morning sickness is a good kick in the pants for me because I was having trouble being committed to eating healthier and exercising the right amount that I should be for the baby's health. This nausea is a constant reminder that there is a baby inside of me that needs to be nourished and taken care of. It's a blessing in disguise, I guess you could say. (How long I'll be able to keep that mindset, only time will tell!)

TJ and I went to my first prenatal doctor visit today, but it was a bit of a letdown. They made me pee in a cup to confirm that I am, in fact, pregnant. Then we waited in the room for what felt like an eternity before the doctor came in and talked to us about what to expect. She told us the due date would be February 1st but that the ultrasound that I'll have in three weeks will be able to tell more specifically. I told her how I was worried that maybe I was further along than I thought, and she didn't dispel the idea immediately, which didn't help my worrying state. So now I guess I have to wait three weeks to end my anxiety, at least over that detail anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment