Monday, June 25, 2012

New Job= New Levels of Exhaustion

Current pregnancy symptoms:
1. Exhaustion
2. Nausea

These two symptoms are not helpful as I'm transitioning to a full time job and spending most of my time in a Korean kitchen. I just started my second week of work at SelahArt, and it has been so exhausting trying to adjust to a new job and new schedule. The job is going well. I've mostly been cooking and cleaning so far, so I'm calling myself "house mother." I mostly work by myself, and it's nice because it's laid back enough for me to take rest breaks when I need to.

I'm at 8 weeks now, and I've been lucky with the start of the new job that I haven't had any morning sickness. The nausea, though, is pretty unbearable sometimes. Korean food has such strong smells that I can't even open the refrigerator without gagging. She asked me to clean out the refrigerator and check if the food was good or bad, and I had to tell her no.

Anyway, we haven't told the general public yet that we are expecting. We figured we would tell them after my ultrasound, which was going to be next Tuesday, but we now had to reschedule it for next Friday. I'm disappointed to have to wait longer, but it's probably for the best. I'm so terrible with secrets!!

No comments:

Post a Comment